Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Filmmaking Goals

For the future film maker in me, I want to be a director.  Editing, cinematography, and camera operating are enjoyable but I think it’s better to be in control of everything.  I enjoy choosing the shots, the camera angles and the blocking.  It’s difficult to say where my general career is going but I’d rather write and direct my own pieces.  One of my favorite directors would have to be Darren Aronofsky for his different and stylistic directing. 
As for goals for this class, I want to learn better techniques for cinematic visuals.  If that makes sense.  I want to learn how to approach and convey artistic styles without showing them bluntly.  There are a thousand ways to portray an emotion or feeling and that’s the techniques I want to learn how to do.  As I go on throughout this college, I have a feeling I’ll learn what I need to know to start my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment