Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Visual Style

I decided to choose six images that inspire and move me.  I chose one art piece, a movie still and four other images in which some are famous and others that are abstract.

This first image is a picture of an amazing chalk drawing.  I’m simply blown away how artistic this image is.  The waterfall is just beautifully done and the extent of how much work was put in to this is overwhelming.  

This picture was taking over a year ago in Moscow. It’s supposed to be a sign of alien activity on our planet but I don’t believe all that.  I think it’s intriguing because it’s unexplainable.  This strange but perfect halo of light in the sky is just perplexing. It moves me because even though I don’t believe in aliens, it does make me feel like we’re not alone. Haha.


This art by Andy Warhol called Che is inspiring to me because it’s the same image but all of them are different.  For some reason in my mind I relate this to film.  When you’re trying to film a certain scene, you could film it a hundred times and each time could be different. This painting is something I think of when I think of how the same image can change with different effects. 



This desolate road picture is awesome.  It’s dark and could be considered depressing and that’s why I like it.  It’s not a typical picture of a road but it speaks to my artistic style because I appreciate movies that don’t go in the same cookie cutter format as most movies.  Movies that have dark, neurotic characters are the ones that appeal to me the most (American Psycho, Requiem for a Dream).


Jimi Hendrix lighting his guitar on fire is a classic picture.  The reason I like it is because it makes me think of spontaneity and artistic ability.  No one else lights their guitar on fire and this anti-normal act inspires me to be a random film maker. Doing things out of the ordinary is one of my favorite things to do.



My last image is a screen shot from There Will Be Blood.  I could write a book on why I love this movie but I’ll just summarize it in a couple sentences.  This movie’s cinematography motivates me to learn how to light a scene the perfect way.  Also, Daniel Day-Lewis’s character Daniel Plainview is one of the most ruthless characters I’ve ever seen in film.  Pretty much this whole movie inspires me to makes movies. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment